Sunday, May 27, 2007

The "Fire Ant"

Connor's imagination never ceases to amaze me. Today he was tinkering in the garage, and managed to find a screwdriver and some old pieces of metal strapping from the baby's broken changing table (the only major casualty of our move) and came up with this:

The "Fire Ant"

Yes, Connor came up with the name, too. (If you don't know what a real fire ant is, consider yourself lucky. They are a nasty little red ant with a big bite and leave behind a itchy, burning welt.) I thought the name was cute, and uncannily accurate of what they really look like. Does anyone else see some kind of engineering degree in his future like I do?
I Love you, Connor. Keep those gears in your head turning, buddy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderfully beautiful! Looks like the boys are having fun. Brennan's pictue is fantastic and didn't look blurry on this end.
Connor, you always amaze me with your inventiveness. Gavin looks like you are having fun with the dogs. Mags would love to be there with you. She thinks you are especially wonderful (and I agree with her).
It has rained almost every day for two weeks (just because we want to build the barn, pool house and gazebo!). It will eventually be done, but I'm no longer holding my breath for the 4th of July party.
We miss all of you bunches.
Grandma and Grandpa

Emily and Clay said...

I will say this a million times over--your boys are so creative and smart! I am sorry I did not make it over on Memorial Day; my sister came down from Perry so we hung out with her boys. I really appreciated the invite! Thanks!

Emily and Clay said...

You can come over and see my house & pup anytime! Clayt usually doesn't get off work until around 7--but some nights he doesnt work. If you want just give either one of us a call and we will plan a night. We will make you dinner!