Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday Ramblings (Vol. 2)

Man, Friday comes quick! This may be a harder goal than I thought.
What is it about March and birthdays? It kinda reminds me of October in the Scothern family, but in my case it's worse because almost every kid in my neighborhood was born in early March. I have 7 birthday party invitations on my fridge right now, and they are all this Saturday and next Saturday. The bad thing is, they are all staggered just right so that I can't use the excuse of being at someone else's party. It's soooo unfair if we go to one child's birthday and not another's, so we are all going to be tired (and caked-out) two Saturdays in a row. Boy, are my kids going to be cranky from all that mayhem and sugar! Whoooopppiiieeeee!
See what you have to look forward to Lydia and Mike, Trigg and Lori?
Oh well....should be fun for the kids anyway.
I am trying to have a positive attitude...( I have a tendency to complain too much. Sorry....shutting up now.)

Unlike last week, I am feeling a little down and really overwhelmed. Can you tell? There is still so much to do to have the house ready to sell and I am getting worn out. My sweet hubby and kids picked up on that vibe today, and while I was at Walmart (shopping for 7 birthday presents) they cleaned the main floor of the house. I am so impressed! And I mean CLEANED! I felt so grateful after I walked in the door, I got a little misty. Thank you, my wonderful sweet husband and boys. I love you so much. There is nothing more attractive than a man with a broom in his hands, unless he's the creepy janitor from Junior High. Oh, and Harry Potter doesn't count either.

So see you next week. I promise I will have pictures in my post, and I will throw in some sort of juicy gossip for good discussion. Join me won't you?

4 comments:

Emily and Clay said...

Good luck with the birthday parties. Just thinking about all of the rich-frosting on the cake is making my stomach churn.

Maybe try making a list of things to do before you move or to get your house ready. Lists really help my mind relax (except for me that's where the OCD comes in a little). But list helps you stay on track and feel like you are getting stuff done as you cross off all of those items to get done.

I too love a man who cleans. I have actually cried one night when Clayton cleaned my whole kitchen. Simple as it seems, it really makes a big difference because in stead of worrying about a mess, I could relax with him. Koodo's to cleaning men!

mikemetcalf said...

Yeah, i pretty much always just walk around with a broom and no shirt on. All my friends are like, dude, what gives? And I'm just like, yeah whatever, it's cool.

Anonymous said...

Actually, "caked-out" sounds like a state I'd like to be in...

Jenny said...

Normally I'd agree with you, Jen. But 4 cakes in one day is a little much.

Mike,
Dude... you are cool! Very manly to walk around with a broom in hand and a bare chest. The ladies go crazy for a man who cleans.

Emily,
I am a list fanatic. It does feel good to check those suckers off, there's just a LOT of boxes to check off...or maybe I am being anal and should just do the necessities. Done stressing out over it, I can only do what I can do after all. Wish I had Mary Poppins' "snap the job's a game", but no such luck.