Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday Ramblings

I am going to start posting SOMETHING every Friday....we shall see if I am successful. It's funny, because I feel like I always have to have a slew of marvelous pictures or some sort of earth-shaking news in order to post on my blog.
What I have realized is:
1) My blog is a feeble attempt at journaling.
2) Life isn't always exciting.
( You'd think I would read my blog title from time to time.)

So here I go....What's going on today, right now, at this moment? I feel so happy today, and I cannot explain it. Maybe all the eating healthy and exercising I am doing is having a cumulative effect, maybe I am bi-polar and I am having a manic day...who knows? All I know is, I feel great. I have also lost 12 pounds in the last 4 weeks, so I am pretty happy about that, too.

Brennan cut two teeth this week (his first) and turns 9 months old today! Cute little bugger! I have been really bad about taking pictures of him lately, so now I have no excuse to snap some photos. Bad Mommy! Bad Mommy!!!
Connor is doing great in school and is realizing the wonderful world of reading...not big words, but sounding out C-A-T and D-O-G and understanding the words. We are a little behind in reading, but ahead in math. He makes the most amazing "experiments". I say "experiments" because he loves to understand how things work and tries to re-create them using common household things. (I don't have a straight hanger in the house, or any cooking utensils left in the drawer.) I can practically hear the gears turning in his head. Future rocket scientist? Maybe. He still wants to be a Vet. So, maybe he will make rocket-propelled pets. The sky is the limit.
Gavin is the sweetest big brother to Brennan. He will crawl in his crib in the morning on the weekends and entertain him so that I can get an extra 30 minutes of sleep. He is so affectionate and gentle, too. Connor is my do-er (which is extremely helpful when I need a fresh diaper), but Gavin is my lover. I have a feeling Brennan and Gavin will have a special bond. I am lucky to hear "Mom, I love you" at least 20 times a day and it is sincere every time he says it. I will sure miss that when he is a teenager.


The floor plans for our house in Mountain Green are being revised again. We are trying to get the most for our money, and building totally custom is so much more labor intensive than anything we have done before. Just moving an exterior wall 6 inches can save you hundreds of dollars, so we are going over our plan again and again to make sure it is what we want. It is darn near impossible (and expensive) to go back and make changes later. Once we have the final floor plan completed, I will post it. Our house here is going up for sale on March 1st. (Please let it sell quickly!) I don't know how I am going to keep it "show ready" clean, but I am looking forward to being over this hurdle.

Hello? Is anyone still awake? I am sorry this is so dry. Shopping lists are more exciting than this. Like I said...ramblings. They all can't be gems.

Until next Friday....

4 comments:

mikemetcalf said...

Friday ramblings, I like it, and will look forward to it. My homepage, which I check several times a day, has a feed reader that tells me whenever someone's blog is updated, so I'm always excited when someone writes something! Good for you!

I'm glad you're feeling so great. I think you have a good reason to! What a beautiful family! Love the picture. Brennan's a cute kid.

Mike

Anonymous said...

It is tough to put something up EVERY day. I don't know how Dooce does it (except for the fact that she's a writer for a living).

It's too bad Brennan wasn't his usual self when we were down there last, he's always so friggin' cute in the pictures. I was reading this post to Chris, and both of us just kept saying, "AWWWWWW!" at nearly every sentence.

The only way we managed to keep our house "show clean" was to have Merry Maids come on a weekly basis! It got a little pricey, but man, was it nice (I'm hoping we can have that again after we move!!)

Jen

Emily and Clay said...

12 pounds! Way to go! I have got off the weight-loss train for a few weeks, but I hear it coming again around the bend. So...maybe I can lose a few pounds before I decide to never get in a swim suit again.

Fact is, I love your blog. I dont journal and this is my closest thing to keeping a journal too. But, it is nice to read about the little things in other peoples days; just to hear about the fun things that might not come up in a conversation later. I love reading your blog so I am excited for your Friday Updates!

Mindy said...

Jenny, I love you! I am happy that you are feeling good. Congrats on the 12 pounds lost. That is awesome! I love your posts, by the way. It really makes me feel closer to you and the kids. I need to post more often! I can't wait to see your plans. Someone is finally digging in the estates, just not us:( They are doing a parade of homes entry, so the county pushed them through quicker. No fair!! I like the idea of posting on Fridays--maybe I will copy.