Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Be Careful What You Wish For...

I wanted a white Christmas. I love snow. It makes the world look so clean and beautiful. I truly missed snow when we lived in Texas.
I couldn't wait to have seasons again.

That being said, what's the deal with the AMOUNT of snow we are getting? Is this some kind of "Welcome to Utah" initiation?? I am beginning to get a little cabin fever. The snow in my backyard is up to my hips. Driving in this is a little scary in my not-so-snowproof van. So, maybe this is just a Mountain Green thing, or is it this deep at your house, too?

Wow.

Can you see my mailbox? Me neither.

My backyard...yes that is a 4 foot tall fence. Crazy, huh?

I thought I would throw this one in of Brennan,
in obviously less snowy times.
If I tried taking his picture out there today,
he'd be buried up over his head.

6 comments:

Emily and Clay said...

Yes, its crazy everywhere! My dogs are thrilled. Today getting into my car for work, my car door was pushing the snow out of the way. I am sick of the piles of snow in parking lots, driveways, etc....but the rest I enjoy. It is a nice excuse of why I am 20 minutes late to work everyday :).

I will give you a call about MK & dinner soon.

lydia said...

I would have to say we netted about 7 or 8 inches today...it didn't seem to stop! Not even close to up to my mailbox or fence though. I don't think that's necessarily a Mtn. Green thing, but more of a MOUNTAIN thing. I heard Snow Basin was the first resort to report a 100" base, so that said, maybe you are seeing more than your share. We'll all enjoy it this summer when our lawns are green and our reservoirs are nice and full.

Anonymous said...

I was measuring snowfall today as I ran my snow thrower and the first time I cleared this morning it was 9" and this afternoon when I cleared there was another 7". It was WAY deeper in narrow areas like the sidewalks.
That is a LOT of snow.

MarylinandGary said...

Oh please keep wishing Jenny! I love all this snow. We cleared about 12 inches today ~ Gary & Clayton also did 3 driveways for neighbors! ~ plus the high mounds left by the snow plows each time you think you have it done.

We will definately have to come up the mountain to see your impressive deep snow ~ I love it!

Anonymous said...

Deep snowfall is truly a love/hate thing. Overall, I think I love it a tad more than hate it. You guys really got dumped on, for sure.

In Kaysville, the storm left us with 12-13" total. It is a pain to clear off and to travel on, but I'm thrilled that ONE of our cars is a 4-wheel drive. Even with that, there has been some sliding at times. Yikes!

I absolutely LOVE the four seasons! It is so great to know we'll have plenty of water for next summer. I always get a little bit scared of fast-thaw flooding in the spring, though.

Thanks for the pics, Jen. Brennan looks adorable, as always! Mountain Green is halfway to heaven, isn't it?

Love ya
Mom

Natalie said...

My jealously consumes me. I can still easily find my mailbox, and now that I've seen yours, I won't be satisfied until I need a shovel to get the mail.

Speaking of which, I haven't gotten the mail for a few days, I better go check it...