Monday, June 30, 2008

Forgive me Blogger....

For I have sinned. It has been a month since my last blog post. A month! What the heck is wrong with me??

I wish I had some awesome, incredible, edge-of-your-seat occurrence to write about. I do not. I am happy to have the kids on vacation to Houston for 8 days, they needed the break from me much more than I needed the break from them. They will have the time of their lives I am sure.
We are on the home stretch with our house,
(3 weeks to go and we are moving!).

I had a breakthrough the other day. I was holding a large board of carpet samples and ungracefully tripped over a big crack in the sidewalk. Normally I would be mortified by this and feel stupid, clumsy, or even angry at myself. (Silly, I know, but I am wound a little tight). The breakthrough? I immediately started laughing at myself. And you know what? It felt GOOD. I think I will try and laugh at myself more often, because it was almost therapeutic with how crazy things are in my life. That, or I have completely lost it, and the mumbles are coming next.

Anyway, life is good. And I am finally letting myself enjoy it.

5 comments:

Emily and Clay said...

Enjoy your calm week! Clayt & I need to come up and see the house!

Salty Incisor said...

wow all three how nice is that right at the home stretch..you so timed that one right. Good for you! laughing at yourself. I hate being wound that tight but i remember living with mil and building that was a tightly would time and getting like 3 speeding tickets in 2 weeks etc...Hope you have fun I love the timber color with the paint color. Bman is a sharp critic but he likes your house as one of the best up here!!! It really is well thought out and very aesthetically pleasing. Good Luck this week getting stuff done!!
I feel bad I haven't talked to you but we will have plenty of time to catch up as soon as the move is over.

lydia said...

I'm so glad the house is so close! What a relief that will be. I know we're encouraged to enjoy the journey and not look so forward to the stations, but I think this is one station that is worth fantasizing about as it will dramatically change the rest of the journey!

Need any help with that tile? Call okay! I'm so happy to help.

Mindy said...

I love how you write. You always make me laugh and think. I empathize--I am actually impressed that you wrote this post due to the current state of your life.

I love that you laughed at yourself. As one of the Indigo Girls said, "Sometimes you have to laugh at yourself, because you'd cry your eyes out if you didn't." I wish I could always subscribe to that philosophy! Glad you were able to.

Salty Incisor said...

hey you are still in cyber space. I am so excited for you! Yeah that is right in front of your gorgeous house (jealous) of your unimpeded views!!! I can't wait to have you up here on top of the world ha ha ! Highlanders what are they talking about we are certainly not lowlanders!!!