Saturday, May 31, 2008

Teef

Teething, losing teeth, and complaining about teeth have become a common theme in our house recently. Connor and Gavin are both losing teeth, Brennan is gaining teeth, and yes, I am complaining ...I have some tooth sensitivity and acid erosion from depending too much on my beloved Coke Zero to make it through the day for the past few months. But this post isn't supposed to be about me. I'll be ok, once I break my bad, bad habit.

Connor looks like "Nanny McFee", because he
was too chicken to let me pull out his
dangling-by-a-thread tooth.
It does make for a highly humiliating
picture to save for his teen years, however.

Gavin is so proud he's lost his first tooth!
He stares in the mirror at the gaping hole in his mouth
and grins from ear to ear with smug satisfaction,
(and is not so patiently wiggling and coaxing
his other teeth to follow suit).

Last but not least we celebrate the arrival of molars
for Brennan! Hallelujah! No more gumming his
food to death,or chomping desperately like
an old man trying to eat a steak without dentures.

5 comments:

Emily and Clay said...

I hated losing my teeth. I hated the wiggly feeling and the pulling them...I would always try to lose them in my meal.....

Good luck!

Tash said...

that is an awesome pic of Connor!! So brilliant good colors. AT least you don't have to worry about B for 4 more years. I love the Nanny Mc Phee look!!

Mindy said...

In our house, we'd call Connor's tooth a "snaggle" tooth. We've got a couple of good snaggle pictures of the girls. Funny.
Steve has a great snaggle picture from his childhood, complete with a face COVERED in freckles and uneven bangs on his forehead (self-cut). It's one of my faves of him as a kid.
Hope your own "toof" discomfort eases soon. I thought about Coke the other day as I watched someone pouring it onto my car battery connections to clean them. It kinda scared me.

Natalie said...

I always felt like losing my teeth was a right of passage into big-kidhood. I would wiggle them and wiggle them and pull them out too soon. Couldn't wait for that quarter under my pillow.

Salty Incisor said...

I didnt even see the post title that is too good hope you are doing ok.