Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Cap'n Patchy turns 8

Eight is the best age... still young enough to not be embarrassed by the silly things your parents do, but old enough to appreciate it. My middle son turned 8 and we celebrated it in the typical fashion, WAY over the top of course! But, I have to say, it was just as much fun
for me and the hubby as it was for all the kids.
After all, you only turn 8 once.


The cake I didn't make, thanks to Albertson's.
But now I have all the cute pieces, so my kids
will get a home-made pirate cake every birthday
from now on whether they want one or not.

The "Scurvy Dogs" (Fleas optional.)

The long-lost treasure map found,
and the loot of a thousand pirates awaits!

Ho! What's this?

Could it be??

We've found it! We're rich beyond our wildest dreams!

Those are some happy pirates..
complete with a sneer from "Cut-Throat" on the left.

Time to sail away with equal shares of the treasure!

Or just blast the ship to smithereens with an air cannon!

Another thing 8 year old boys love? Destruction!

It was a wonderful, tiring day full of laughs, pirate talk, and some mayhem thrown in for good measure. Thanks to all the kids who came. Happy Birthday, Cap'n Patchy! We love you.

4 comments:

lydia said...

WOW! I sure hope your kids realize how amazing their birthday parties are.

That looked like SO MUCH FUN! (For everyone!)

I miss you Jenny. I wish I could have done pedicures with you guys on Saturday. I think it's time for a visit! :D

Salty Incisor said...

HOLY MOLEY and sSHIVER ME TIMBERS it looks 10x better than it sounded! YOU would not believe how thrilled he was when he got home it was like he had had the best time ever and he told me all the nicknames of each kid and everything you did but that cake is seriously amazing and all the paraphanelia and especially the pirate ship. Cater me some parties please!!!

Emily Scothern said...

You all sure know how to throw a birthday party. Happy Birthday Gavin!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!