Thursday, August 25, 2011

Blogging has been replaced by "Vlogging"

DO YOU REMEMBER HER? I DO!


In case you were wondering WHY Captain Patchy turned 8 for over 2 years, it's because blogging completely fell by the wayside the minute I started "vlogging" (video blogging) my weight loss journey with hCG on YouTube. I became kind of famous. Some of my videos had over 100,000 views. I kept it all a secret (mostly) from friends and family because I needed a level of public anonymity at the time (for support and for accountability) when I was going through such a life-changing and emotionally, physically, and mentally challenging transformation. Even though I know you as my family and friends were, (and still are) extremely supportive of me, unless you know exactly what someone else is going through, "support" can sometimes be a tricky thing. My feelings were easily hurt by a few well-meaning comments in the beginning, (as HCG is easily the most bashed diet on the planet). So I kept things on the down-low purposefully, as to not draw negative comments and questions.

Weight loss, (especially losing over 80 pounds) was quite the journey. Since I was in Jr. High School, I have struggled with gaining and losing weight. I wanted my losses to finally stick. I was tired of yo-yo-ing all over the scale. But, (as life often does) a complete curve-ball was thrown at me right after I reached my weight loss goal. I hit 128 pounds in September of 2010, only to develop shingles a few weeks later. I instantly gained back 15 pounds thanks to Prednesone (steroid). Slowly over the course of short-selling our beloved Utah home, moving to Texas, starting college and the ridiculous stress all of those hectic months brought, I gained another 17 pounds on top of that. I had to put a stop to it... there was NO WAY I was going to gain all of my weight back after a year of incredibly hard work, dedication, and discovering my own inner strength. My mantra has become "If at first you don't succeed... try, try again!" Crap happens. We either wallow in it, or rise above it.

I have re-lost 13 pounds, (currently 149) and I am realizing I can have it all. I don't have to completely give up one aspect of my life for another. I am finding balance, peace, and most of all... control. I am now opening myself up, and allowing you to view a portion of my crazy, wonderful journey. If you want to watch my video blogs, you can find them at http://www.youtube.com/user/HCGBlondeAmbition. There are many missing videos (long story) but I will continually add more and make new ones as time goes on.

Fall semester begins on Monday, I will be extremely busy, but I will still try to post a monthly blog update about the family, our lives, and the little things that make me smile. Thanks for hanging in there! This was a long post. Love to you all.

0 comments: