Friday, September 07, 2007

Gavin's Fun Day

I cannot believe it was Gavin's 6th Birthday yesterday. I cannot believe he is big enough to ride on the school bus. When did he grow up? I don't know why I am so surprised (maybe because Gavin was my baby for such a long time) but his 6th birthday made me realize how fast my precious ones are growing up. It's not fair really. I heard a wise mother once say,
'You need a "pause button" when your children are young,
and a "fast forward button" when they are teenagers'.
Right now...today, pause please.
Gavin sure had a great day. Being my most social child, a small party just wouldn't do.
Thank you to all that came and celebrated his special day with us.
After all, who doesn't like to bowl and eat cake??



This is determination, people.

Happy Birthday to you!

Nice dinosaur.....Nice dinosaur......Chomp!

The hardest part about bowling with kids?
Waiting your turn.

Even the babies had fun! For the first 10 minutes....

Strike, Strike, Strike....

Good one, Cameron!

Aw, Kate is so cute. (Even if she is a little blurry.)

2 comments:

Emily and Clay said...

It was so much fun! Thank you for the invite!!!!

mikemetcalf said...

Lydia, actually:
That was a very fun party! And I thought it was funny how the kids lane was the first to start and the last to finish. (They did finish, right?) :)
Thanks again for treating me to a pedicure! I love this new tradition!