Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christmas "All-a-day"

I know it's the middle of January and I am just now getting caught up on Christmas. That's just the way I roll. We had such a great time in Houston with hubby's side of the family! In fact, a new holiday was born....or better named "All-a-day". What in the world is that? Just like the name suggests, it's all the holidays of the year rolled into one, fun-filled, crazy day. First, we had an Easter egg hunt...

I think Brennan is still hunting, so he's not in the photo.
The little darling on the right is my niece Tabitha.
I could go on and on about her,
but I will save that for another post coming soon.

Is your arm getting a little tired Gav?
That's quite the haul, buddy.

Brennan's entire face would light up when he found an egg.

Opening the loot is just as much fun!

See what I mean? Couldn't you just kiss those cheeks off?

Or these cheeks, too?

Connor wanted to take us all for a tractor ride,
but that's George Washington's job. (aka Grandpa)

It was a great day...an Easter Egg Hunt,
dressing up for Halloween, an old-fashioned hayride,
and decorating (and eating large quantities of) Christmas cookies.

Christmas morning never gets old.
Especially when worn on the face of a toddler.

Hover-copters, air-pellet guns, night-vision goggles! Oh my!

Antique Legos passed down from Gavin's 3 uncles and daddy.
I think Gavin has reached kid nirvana.
(And no, we will not sell them to you on Ebay).

Mario cart, anyone?
Brennan just drives around in circles, but it's still fun.
Connor, on the other hand, takes his game very seriously...
complete with realistic crash sound effects.


Yep, Christmas was a blast. My kids are still talking about it,
and that's pretty rare considering my kids have an attention
span of 15 minutes. It will be fondly remembered for years to come.

3 comments:

Salty Incisor said...

cool how did i miss this post...Well B is very photogenic!!

Emily and Clay said...

Wow, I never heard about holidays rolled into one. That would be fun!

lydia said...

An All-a-Day sounds like a great activity for August, since it is deprived of holidays completely.

Awesome pictures Jenny. Looking forward to spending time with Bren in a couple weeks!