Monday, April 30, 2007

Boxes, Boxes, Everywhere!

What are the top three most stressful events a person can go through in life?

1. Death of a loved one.
2. Divorce.
3. Moving- (greater the distance, greater the stress.)

Thankfully, I haven't experienced # 1 recently, and I hope to never experience # 2. I am smack dab in the middle of # 3. Everything is lined up as far as the actual move goes, but I am up to my waist in boxes, piles of things to be packed, a trip to the DMV (license expired on my birthday and I am just now getting around to renewing it), and getting an oil change in my car for the long trip. I am very happy about it, don't get me wrong. But the distance of our move, with three young kids and two cats has me dreading the drive. Sean and I have two cars, so we must drive separate. I guess I shouldn't dread it because it only makes things worse, but I can't help it. We can either make it a 2 day trip (12 hours of driving per day) or a 3 day trip (8 hours a day). I am guessing with a baby it will be the latter choice. Fun, fun!

On a lighter note, Gavin is reading! I guess whatever big brother Connor does, Gavin has to do too! As Connor was doing his assigned reading last night (and struggling a bit) Gavin asked if he could try to read the book. Gavin read the book flawlessly. He sounded out every word, but did not need any help from me. Way to go, Gavin!
Connor is the "Star of the Week" in his class, so he gets to feel really special all week. This morning he brought an "Estimation Jar" full of marshmallows to school for all the kids to guess how many were in the jar. Then they all count them out. (How many? 29....shhhhhh.)
Brennan learned how to wave "bye-bye" and thinks it's a fun game to play with Connor and Gavin. He is trying to stand by himself without pulling up to something, and is letting go between objects like the coffee table and couch...I foresee a walker in a couple of weeks. He's getting to be such an independent little stinker! Babies grow up wayyyy too fast!

I haven't taken a picture of anything in weeks, so sorry no visuals. Wish us luck as we have a very long journey ahead of us in the weeks ahead.

4 comments:

Emily and Clay said...

Awe yes, the MOVE. Congrats on getting everything ready. At least you have a game plan which should help the stress level quite a bit. However, the piles will not diminish for a while. Good luck on the drive out. At least it is a pretty time of year so the kids can maybe enjoy the long car ride. I can't wait to have you here!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I've barely packed three or four boxes and I'm going nuts already.

Emily and Clay said...

Help unloading? Clayton and I are in ( I am volunteering him so hopefully he is free on the 18th).

Jenny said...

Thanks, Emily.
Yep, we need help unloading on Friday the 18th. So thanks for the offer, cuz we'll need a few extra hands who don't mind pizza as payment. :)