Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Update to the Update!

So just when you think you've experienced a lot, there's always more. While I was in Utah for my mom's wedding (which was lovely by the way), we received two offers on the house. Well, one was already on the table, but the offer really stunk. ($10,000 off our asking price, which was already very low, plus closing costs of $5k.) Um, no thank you. BUT the nice thing about that stinky offer was another family who loved our house found out that there was already an offer on the home and gave us a full price offer! WOO HOO! They are a nice looking Indian family (dots, not feathers) with three kids and are relocating for his job. I couldn't have asked for better news! Sorry for driving you all nuts with my OCD about the house selling and such.
Our builder called Sean on Sunday and told him there was a cute rental property just a block away from the entrance to the neighborhood where we will be building, so we hopped into Mindy's car and drove up to MG to take a look. We'll take it! It will do nicely for a temporary place and I feel fortunate that it became available at just the right time.
So......barring any unforeseen delays, the moving company will load up our stuff on May 10th. We close on May 11th, but decided to stay at Jane and Terry's for a few days so that the kids can finish their last 3 days of school. (The school year ends on May 16th.) We'd be missing all the fun parties and Connor's graduation, so a few extra days isn't that big of a deal. Sean will fly out to meet the movers, then fly home to drive one of our cars back. Whew! I am tired just writing about it. I am looking forward to it, however.
More good news this week! We finally have our floor plans finished! It's really hard to show them on my blog because of all the architectural lines and measurements, so I have attached a visio drawing that is an accurate representation. Just click on the image to expand it for better detail. Feedback is welcome, good or bad. Any suggestions? (Sorry Connor, no slide to your bedroom). I don't have an elevation picture, because it is being tweaked, but here is the rest:

Main Floor:
(Approx. 2279 sq. ft.)

Basement:
(Approx. 2416 sq. ft.)

4 comments:

MarylinandGary said...

The plans look great guys ~ and the plans for coming back even greater!

I don't have your email - so here is the little blog I am going to TRY to update from Australia:
marylinandgary@blogspot.com

Looking forward to seeing you all in May - whooo hoooo

Emily and Clay said...

Wow. It looks great Jenny! How exciting it would be to build the way you want! I can't wait to see it finished.

Mindy said...

Hi Jen! I loved having you here--it was a wonderful weekend. Thanks for all your help and moral support. I was feeling stressed on several levels and I am a little embarassed that you had to witness it all.

Things are going well. We've shown the house a lot, but no offers yet. We had two this morning--the first ones came an HOUR before their scheduled time. I was still sweaty from my run, kids were in jammies, Steve was vacuuming. It was frustrating.
Anyway, Steve did lots of yardwrok over the weekend--new bark in the flowerbeds and more flowers--and I think the house is about as "showable" as it's gonna get. Wish us luck!

Remind me what day you think you'll actually be arriving. Around the 18th or 19th??

MarylinandGary said...

Hi Jenny & Sean.
The house plans look great! Can't tell you how exicted we are to have you moving back.

We're having a wonderful time in Australia. Check out our blog.

Love ya and see you soon.