Sunday, November 19, 2006

My Newest Niece

This is my newest niece, Tabitha. I love newborn babies, and having a neice is so much fun since we are a little short on girls on the Mathis side of the family. She was born on Halloween and weighed a little under 6 pounds. What a cute lil' peanut! I forget how TINY newborns can be. Both Connor and Gavin were under 6 pounds...funny how I don't remember them ever being this small!

In comparison, here is my brute baby. He's topping the scales at 19 pounds. I cannot believe how big he is and he's just turned 6 months! He's so dang chunky and delicious.
What would we ever do without you, Brennan?

(Sleeping babies are so sweet!)
Lori and Trigg are in the process of moving from San Diego to San Antonio. Lori will be staying at my inlaws until Trigg can find a place to live. Having to move and just having a baby...wow. You guys are awesome. Not everyone can do that and remain sane.

I miss childhood. I remember (vaguely) how to turn an ordinary box into an extraordinary toy. My boys had lots of fun playing in the "peanuts" today. One would hide and scare the other (or me) and then laugh until they had tears in their eyes.
Anyone want a couple of nuts shipped to them for Christmas?






2 comments:

Mindy said...

What a precious baby! Please tell Lori and Trigg congratulations from me. The pictures of your kids were SO cute. That Brennan is as yummy as can be! He has such beautiful skin. The boys playing in the box cracks me up. My kids' favorite thing is stomping on bubble wrap.
Have a great day! Love you--

Emily and Clay said...

Boxes are seriously under rated. My step brother and I used to build houses out of boxes when I would come to Utah to visit. We would go to Kings in Clearfield, tell them we were moving (yes we lied), and get as many big boxes as we could. My step mom would play along by letting us eat & sleep in them. My family sleeps with fans blowing on us (yes, silly I know) but she would run extention cords out for our fans, tv or nintendo. I loved that the boys played in them! I would still play in them come to think of it.