Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Facelift and Fourwheelin'

I am very affected by seasons, mainly the lack of sunshine. On a gloriously sunny day, I cannot help but be in a fantastic mood. Same goes for my blog backgrounds. As you may (or may not) remember, it went from black and white to shades of brown and now to green. I guess my moods match the seasons. Anyway....I like the change. What's in store for summer? Think blue, like a nice refreshing pool on a hot day. I bet you can't wait!

Now on to four-wheelers; a topic I struggle with. We are going to Moab this weekend for some much needed R & R (mainly to get away from the black hole of a house that dominates our lives). Sean prepared a speech on how we need to actually enjoy ourselves from time to time even if it means spending money on something other than the new house. "Jen, we still need to LIVE!" was the final blow to our debate. I have mixed feelings...four-wheelers are dangerous, true. But man, are they fun too! I have never seen such unbridled joy on Connor's face. Gavin is a little more like his momma, cautious and slow, but loves the freedom only an ATV can bring. So, with apprehensive excitement, we are now the proud owners of a used dirt bike and two kid friendly four-wheelers. I will post about our amazing adventures in Moab when we return on Sunday.

Never were there two happier boys.

5 comments:

Salty Incisor said...

AWESOME!!! Gotta love those kids. Bman got all sorts of neighborhood kids addicted to motorcycles because he had his own at age 5, then he gave it up and those kids still blame their compulsion on him. We might just have to get him back into it??? He keeps saying guess what? and then say I bought a motorcycle...then saying Just kidding. Maybe this is a hint he wants one?
Have loads of fun in Moab...hope the boys can run with the big dog Jaycie on her pink one!!!

Salty Incisor said...

P.S. I meant to say I like the new background!!

Emily and Clay said...

Like the 4-wheelers!

I love the new background too!!!! Greeen is fitting, lets hope the snow & storms stop so that we can get back to planting.

Mindy said...

Have fun in Moab! You guys deserve the break...
We'd like to get ATVs someday--they look so fun!
I love your new background, too.

Emily and Clay said...

Just a word of comfort, my Dad had ATV's when we would come and visit in the summer. With no prior training, we all survived.....no injuries that I know of.