Monday, March 26, 2007

" I'm An Old Cowhand....from the Rio Grande"

I find it rather funny that my boys have grown up their whole lives in Texas and have never owned a cowboy hat, a belt buckle, or boots. Is that sac religious? Probably....after all, everybody here wears a cowboy hat, and drives a big ol' pick-up truck, including police officers. This week at school is "Western Week" where my boys get to dress up everyday, learn how to lasso, sit around a campfire, go on a pony ride, and hear stories from "Cowboy Bob". Fun huh? Wish I went to Kindergarten!
Connor and Gavin love their new duds. They were strutting around like peacocks this morning as proud as they could be. We ordered them some six shooters (cap guns) for a wild west shoot-out in the backyard. Did you know that nobody carries cap guns anymore? We had to order them
online! We live in a sue-happy world, my friends. I am not terribly fond of guns, even toy guns, but c'mon! What boy didn't grow up with a cap gun? It's all about the sound it makes anyway. Just like fireworks!

Here's to my little buckaroos! I sure do love 'em.
(Of course, Brennan wanted in on the fun, too).


4 comments:

Emily and Clay said...

Those cute boys! They are so lucky to have parents and an environment that is always so fun! Their little sponges (aka brains) are always being stimulated by such fun things. That is great! I am so jealous!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't stand it, these boys are so CUTE! Loved the pictures. Every time I see Brennan, I am shocked at how much he looks like your baby pictures, Jenny. I just stare and shake my head, it's so incredible.

Can't wait to see you and the baby at the wedding! Can't wait to be married to this great guy. Time is flying, though. Love it! Good luck with the house, honey!

Love you all, oodles & noodles!
Mom

Marylin said...

Great photo's Jenny - the boys are all growing up so fast, it will be great when you are closer so that we can all be a part of that!

mikemetcalf said...

Yeehaw! Makes me want to dig up my old cap gun and buy me some caps! Great pictures, Lydia and I have some cute nephews!