Friday, May 09, 2008

Fun In Moab (part 2)

Ahh, Moab. No place on Earth like it. As promised, here are the Jeep day pictures on trails called "Steel Bender" and "Hell's Revenge". Sounds like a walk in the park, right? Come to find out (later in our hotel room) that they are two of the most difficult trails to conquer in Moab. Only "Poison Spider" beats them out in degree of difficulty (which I went on with Brennan in another family's vehicle when Sean and the boys were 4-wheeling.) Was it fun? Most of the time. Did I have a death grip on the car handles the entire ride? You betcha.

Thankfully someone took a picture of all of us together.
I admit I am a little camera-phobic, but it's nice to say
I was there, too. So often we look like a motherless family.

These two photos are of a "Bathtub" which is exactly what its like if
you could drive into your bathtub. Except not as relaxing.


A bit steep, isn't it?
I have to say I am really impressed with what our
little rental jeep could do. I may have to write a letter to Jeep and
tell them their commercials aren't as far fetched as I once thought.

Thumbs Up! We're still alive.

So there were times when the "boys" had to compete to see who could climb/dive the biggest rock. We went with some pretty adventuresome families, (which I now love dearly) but holy cow! We'd unload the kids and nervously watch our mates scale rocks that would make your hair curl. I am so glad we said a prayer of protection before doing really stupid stuff like this.

7 comments:

lydia said...

Haha! I just realized we both have the same Pyzam Template! It is a great one.

That Jeep trip looks like a total adrenaline rush! I'm amazed they let a couple of Texans rent one! ;) Just kidding, of course.

Emily and Clay said...

No longer should you be camera phobic....those pictures are great!

You are brave for the tough r ides. I think I would walk the trails while someone else drove those steep parts.

Salty Incisor said...

ok I hate that kind of stuff. I would be going crazy with fear!!! You brave soul. That's amazing those photos it made me nervous just looking at em.

Mindy said...

LOVED these pictures! Wow. I love (mild) adventures but these Jeep trails would make me nervous.

Looks like you guys had such a great time! We love that area so much. We'll have to go together sometime.

Natalie said...

Proud moment of bragging: I drove through the bathtub in September! We did the Moab jeeping thing last fall. LOVE IT. But seriously, those men love to scare us behind the wheel, don't they? So fun, I'm glad you guys did it. Your kids will never forget it.

lydia said...

Haha, I love the prayer of protection before the stupidity. Reminds me of when we ask that brownies will somehow "nourish and strengthen our bodies". There ARE still miracles.

Anonymous said...

err... um that was Mike by the way. Forgot to sign out.