Friday, May 30, 2008

Mexican Word of the Day

Sean has posted (not so recently) about the wonderful world of ENGRISH, which is hilarious in it's own way... but, Asians aren't the only ones who have a niche in the "misuse of the English language" market. I have a funny friend from Guatemala that passes emails along like this one: (a word to the politically correct reader, this email is not PC at all.)

MEXICAN WORD OF THE DAY: WATER
My vieja gets mad and I don't even know water problem is!
MEXICAN WORD OF THE DAY: BRIEF
My homie farted frijoles bad, and I couldn't brief.
MEXICAN WORD OF THE DAY: MUSHROOM
Orale vato, when all my familia gets in the car, there's not mushroom.
MEXICAN WORD OF THE DAY: CHICKEN
My vieja wanted me to go to the store, but chicken go by herself .

MEXICAN WORD OF THE DAY: LIVER & CHEESE Some vato tried to sweet talk my ruca. I told him, orale loco liver alone, cheese mine.

MEXICAN WORD OF THE DAY: JULY Ju tol me ju were goin to the store and July to me! Julyer!
MEXICAN WORD OF THE DAY: WAFER
I wanted to go with my mom to the flea market pero she didn't wafer me!
MEXICAN WORD OF THE DAY: HERPES
I had some cake to share with my wife, this is my piece this is herpes.


Next on our colorful journey of the English language...."Red-Neckese", and boy howdy! I have some good 'uns!

3 comments:

Salty Incisor said...

funny...YOu should hear some stories about breadman trying to communicate with his workers.

Mindy said...

Oh my gosh---so funny. I kept reading them over and over, and they sounded better each time! Thanks for the smile.

Jenny said...

July to me...JULYER!!!
Classic. That one is my favorite.