Monday, March 17, 2008

100% Spelling Test!

I have to brag a little about Connor today. I've told a few people about Connor's struggle with all things wordy...(reading and spelling, a mild case of dyslexia), but I am so proud of him for bringing home a perfect score on his spelling test! It has surprised a few people to find out that Connor has a reading problem. I guess because he is so mechanically inclined and comprehends so much. For him reading has been a major struggle, and we are finally seeing him turn the corner! He's "getting it" and I love seeing that spark in his eyes when he can sit down and read a whole book by himself without help. We still are working on the b-d, d-b problem, and words like "was" looking like "saw"and vise versa. But for now, he's doing so much better and the smile has returned to his darling face.


I love you Connor, you smart cookie!
PS-Thank you Tash for the great picture.

4 comments:

lydia said...

YAY! Go Connor! Go Jenny and Sean!

p.s. I was talking to a friend about Brennan's non-talkativeness, and she told me a friend of hers had the same issue with her son. It turns out he needed tubes in his ears. Just another possibility to consider.

Emily and Clay said...

Way to go Connor! I can't spell worth beans....but congrats. I too would be proud of 100% on a test!

Salty Incisor said...

Connor rocked the Test! Good Job Buddy! It is so fun to see when they start to improve or read. J couldn't scribble when he entered preschool. He couldn't cut with scissors in Kindergarten, but just this year all of a sudden his motor skills have just sort of expoded. He's not the best, but he is not left in the dust anymore!

Grandma Janie said...

Way to go big boy! You don't know how proud I am of you. It won't be too long before you're reading a Dangerous Book for Boys all by yourself.
When you get here this summer you'll have to show off for me.
Love Grandma