Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Middle Name Tag

I legally changed my middle name to my maiden last name (Scothern) when I became married, but most of my family still think of me as Jenny-B...at least my mother's side of the family, anyway. For entertainment purposes, I will use my legal middle name (I cannot possibly think of enough B-A-R-B-A-R-A words to describe me.) So here I go...

S- Sympathetic. I try my best to wear another person's shoes, so to speak. Not literally, that's kind of gross. I don't like feet. But that's a story for another day.

C- Content. I finally feel like I have everything I have always wanted. A loving family, a nice area to live in, and I am finally happy with myself, flaws and all. (Which is a pretty big deal for me.)

O- Oddball. I am a little strange and quirky. Some people don't get my sense of humor. But once you get to know me....I am still a little strange and quirky.

T- Terrified of spiders, roaches, (and big nasty bugs in general).

H- Hairy. It is a common Scothern trait. I pluck and wax...a lot.

E- Enthusiastic. When I get excited about something, there's no stopping me even if it kills me! Like building a house, or illustrating a children's book, or losing 9 pounds this week... to name a few.

R- Realistic. I try to do what I can and not beat myself up over the things I can't do. My motto is "Let It Go", unless I am really enthusiastic about it.

N- Neurotic about being on time. My house is usually a pig-sty, my kids are always dirty, but I am never late!!! If I am late, something is seriously wrong. Call the police.


I bet you are so excited about finding out all about me, huh? Your turn!

5 comments:

Salty Incisor said...

We have a lot in common. I loved your post it made me smile...even when you said you loved yourself flaws and all.

Salty Incisor said...

i am the same way about being on time. I usually look super frumped out when I show up, but at least I was on time!

Emily and Clay said...

Very interesting, loved it. I love your sense of humor and don't see you as an oddball at all...you are very OUTGOING though and if you were to meet my oldest sister--you two would be peas in a pod. You two not only look a like, are the same age (ish) and have so many of the same traits! Just ask Clayt; It is so funny!

I really liked your motto. I think I should get myself one of those to not concentrate on the what-if's or the negative....HMMMM.

CONGRATS ON THE 9 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!! Great job!!!

Jenny said...

That's funny, Emily. I don't see myself as outgoing at all. I am actually very shy until you get to know me then WHAM! I'm all up in yo face. I would like to meet your older sis someday, too.

lydia said...

Great post, Jen. Even though I thought to myself, "yeah, that is Jenny," it is still fun to read what YOU think of yourself.

I almost did hairy...but I'm saving that for another one of my tags. I am anxious to see the children's book you illustrated, and 9 lbs. in a week? Holy Cow! I haven't been up to Mtn. Green for far too long! We DO need to get to together soon, and I would LOVE to see the progress on your house.

Love you Jen!