Friday, March 07, 2008

I love CAD programs...seriously.

As a so-so artist, anything that has to do with floor plans, house design, architecture, and so on, I am completely hooked. I don't know if I could do it for a living, but it sure is a fun hobby. This week, we've gone back and forth our cabinet design for our kitchen. I am proud to say we are finally done after many, many re-designs. (The microwave was problematic!) Anyway...here is a glimpse of what our cabinets will hopefully look like once complete.
(Expand images to get the full effect).



Also, this is a rough-draft of what the front elevation might look like when complete.
We are going for a contemporary "Craftsman-Prairie" look, which does have a major Japanese influence... Frank Lloyd Wright was inspired by the Orient in the 1930's. Classic, but also edgy.
(Again, I apologize if this kind of thing just bores you all to tears).

7 comments:

Salty Incisor said...

love it. Good taste. Love the front, too. You are awesome you smart little nerdy devil, you!!! P.S. I took some pics at the field trip, I will email them.
Love ya!

Salty Incisor said...

P.S. Since I am a poser I envy the nerdy cuz you two(you and your husband) blow me away with how smart and talented you are. If you need clarification...

Emily and Clay said...

I love it! It is gorgeous!!!!! We drove by it last weekend. I can't wait till it is done to see more!

Jenny said...

I am nerdy! And darn proud of it! Now if I can only master Adobe Illustrator, I will reach complete nerd zen. (zen = enlightenment)
Sean is light years ahead of me in the smart, tech savvy way. A few bits and pieces have trickled down over the years and I am grateful what little knowledge I have been lucky enough to grasp. Thanks for the compliment, though.

Mindy said...

Beautiful cabinets, Jenny. I am really looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.
I know I'm a nerd, but what does CAD stand for?

Anonymous said...

If you were a nerd, you would know what CAD stands for.... ;p

Jenny said...

Computer-Aided-Design...Basically any software that helps you design something in the real world. The program I used is called Microsoft Visio.